Saturday, January 25, 2014

Haul: New Makeup at the Drugstore + Mini Review

This time of year there are so many new beauty products at the drugstore! I decided to try out a few new items. Keep reading to see what they are…
I picked each of these items up at my local Walgreens. Both Maybelline and L'Oreal were BOGO50. 

L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner - Highlighter

I picked up this L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in the highlighter shade for two reasons: 
It is a great rose gold shade that will pair amazingly with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette
I thought it would look beautiful on my inner rim to brighten up my eyes

L'Oreal claims that this eyeliner will glide on like silk, feel like silk, and have a long wear time. With just having swatched this eyeliner (see below for pictured swatch)I can tell you that the silky claim holds true. 

After using this eyeliner for a while, I can tell you that it does not stay put in my water line, but I do have watery eyes. It did however, work nicely as a base for shades in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. If you can get it to work for you in your waterline it looks very beautiful paired with the Urban Decay Naked 3 and really opens up your eyes. 

The next item I picked up from L'oreal was the Extraordinaire by Colour Riche:
Extraordinaire by Colour Riche - 201 Rose Symphony
I was curious about this item because it seems similar to the L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain. They in fact have some similar claims. The claims for this product are that it provides rich color, it shines, and smooths with micro-oils and rich pigments. It does not claim to be long wearing like the shine stain does. The shade rose symphony is a bright creamy pink that when swatched seems to be very opaque. I will definitely be enjoying this color moving into spring! Do you think its too soon to talk about spring?

This lipgloss feels so luxurious on the lips. Its hard to explain, but the word that comes to my mind is plush. It does not leave your lips tacky and does not feel greasy. It doesn't have the greatest lasting power, but then again, it doesn't claim to. 

Swatches of the L'Oreal products
Now for the Product I have been wanting since before coming to the USA…

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser.
The packaging on the product claims to reduce the appearance of pores, as well as, smoothing out the skin. Maybelline claims this product has "Insta-blur technology" to smooth the pores away.

First off, the packaging is so cute! The actual product is a clear gel that feels like silicone. It is very silky and does not have a scent. I have combo/oily skin with larger pores near my nose so I had high hopes for this product.

After a few weeks of using this product with different foundations, it does smooth my skin out a little. I apply it in a tapping motion in order to get the best pore erasing effect and to keep it from balling up. This primer does not keep me from getting oily in my T zone, especially on my forehead area. I will however, continue to use it because I like the effect it has on my pores, but I may try other primers on my T-zone to combat oiliness. I also plan on doing a comparison to Benefit's Porefessional. Let me know if you would like to see that!

The final product I picked up is the new Maybelline face powder.
Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder

The Shade I Chose: 20 Classic Ivory
This product claims to give you a smooth and buffed appearance. It contains less talc and should therefore be less chalky allowing it to glide over flaws giving the appearance of smooth skin. The Maybelline website also calls this powder "smooth-whipped pressed powder." Intriguing yes? I thought so.

At first touch this powder feels silky between your fingers and after my first application I noticed my skin had a softer appearance. It also felt softer! I applied this powder with the Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush by tapping then sweeping it all over my face. I found this powder gave me medium coverage, but with my combo/oily skin I did have to touch it up often. More recently I have been focusing it on my cheeks and using my Rimmel Stay Matte powder on my T-zone. I this it gives me supple looking skin. It does not accentuate pores or peach fuzz on my face.

Overall I will continue to use these products. I do not think any in particular were fails, but I don't think any will become my holy grail products anytime soon. Things may change as the seasons change, so I will continue to test them out.

Let me know what you think if you have tried any of these products!

Have a Beautiful Day,
It Must BEAUTumn

No comments:

Post a Comment